As more and more people turn to CBD for its potential health benefits, it’s no surprise that this natural remedy is now being marketed for pets. Cannabidiol, or CBD, is a compound found in cannabis plants that have been shown to have various medicinal properties. While CBD is most commonly associated with humans, there is a growing body of evidence to suggest that it may also be beneficial for our furry friends. If you’ve ever wondered, does cbd help anxiety in cats? Yes, it does.
Here are some pros and cons of using CBD treats for pets:
1) CBD is safe for both humans and animals. A recent study published in the American Veterinary Medical Association found that CBD is well-tolerated by dogs and does not produce any serious side effects.
2) CBD may help alleviate some of your pet’s health problems. For example, anecdotal evidence suggests that CBD can help with anxiety, pain, arthritis, and cancer.
3) CBD treats are a convenient way to give your pet CBD. If you’re already using CBD yourself, it’s easy to include your pet in your daily routine.
4) CBD treats are often more palatable for pets than other forms of CBD, such as oils or capsules. This makes them a good option for finicky eaters or pets who may be reluctant to take CBD in other forms.
1) the FDA does not regulate CBD, so there is no guarantee of quality or safety. Do your research and only purchase CBD products from reputable companies.
2) While CBD is generally considered safe, it is important to remember that it is a potent compound. Therefore, start with a low dose and slowly increase as needed.
3) Some pets may not enjoy the taste of CBD treats. If your pet is picky, you may want to try a different delivery method, such as CBD oil or capsules.
4) CBD treats can be more expensive than other forms of CBD. If you’re on a budget, you may want to consider a cheaper option.
Overall, using CBD treats for pets can have some potential benefits, but it’s important to do your research and be aware of the risks before giving them to your furry friend. CBD is a potent compound, and, as with any new supplement, it’s always best to start with a low dose and increase gradually as needed. If your pet does not enjoy the taste of CBD treats, there are other delivery methods available, such as CBD oil or capsules. Talk to your veterinarian if you have any concerns about using CBD for your pet.